We had a rather horrible night - and especially Claire as she was sick as a small hospital. She had been sick since 1:00 this morning and I woke up at 4:00 and stayed up with her and helped as best as I could as she continued to be sick, retching up bile - no food came up at all.
At 6:00 I texted "Charles" and told him that she was sick and we wouldn't be able to make the trip - I offered to pay anyway and we agreed to meet back at the Lake Palace Hotel later in the day.
At 9:00 she was still worse for wear with no ended to the retching so I brought her to the local doctor, which we had previously (luckily) spotted for no apparent reason the other day. The doctor reckoned that she had suffered some kind of food poisoning - but we both think it was a long time coming given her constipation and other issues over the last week or so - perhaps last night's Punjab Restaurant food finally tipped her over the edge, despite the fact that I had tasted everything of last night's meal and didn't feel any major issues.
The doctor(s), an old woman and her husband, ended up giving Claire an anti-sickness (and ) shot and prescribed various anti-sickness tablets and a Dioralyte-like substance. In the meantime I went to the Lake Palace Hotel and sorted out things with "Charles" who wasn't there - but they called him and I spoke to him over the phone and ended up leaving Rs.500,- with them for cancellation.
The rest of the day we both spent mostly sleeping - even I didn't go eating other than a few Marie-Gold biscuits that we had previously bought. I did pop out for a while to buy some during the afternoon. I also woke Claire up a couple of times to get her to drink fluids - and I finally took her for a second doctor appointment at 18:00 - just for a follow up and some more pills.
Then we returned to the hotel. I decided to go down and eat in the restaurant at 19:00 as Claire wasn't keen on food smells at all. It turns out that the hotel restaurant, which we thought was vegetarian given the menus in the room, in fact had a small non-vegetarian menu, which was great! They also offered to source beer so I had a Kingfisher with my meal. The meal, which consisted of yet another Chilli chicken, rice and a garlic naan, was really nice - one of the best meals I have had here in India - I am now kicking myself for not figuring this out before we went down to the Punjab Restaurant, which may have been the cause of Claire's sickness - D'Oh!
Afterwards I returned to the room and did some computer stuff while Claire was still sound asleep. At around 0:00 I finally went to sleep, after having woken Claire up a last time to drink some fluids.
At 6:00 I texted "Charles" and told him that she was sick and we wouldn't be able to make the trip - I offered to pay anyway and we agreed to meet back at the Lake Palace Hotel later in the day.
At 9:00 she was still worse for wear with no ended to the retching so I brought her to the local doctor, which we had previously (luckily) spotted for no apparent reason the other day. The doctor reckoned that she had suffered some kind of food poisoning - but we both think it was a long time coming given her constipation and other issues over the last week or so - perhaps last night's Punjab Restaurant food finally tipped her over the edge, despite the fact that I had tasted everything of last night's meal and didn't feel any major issues.
The doctor(s), an old woman and her husband, ended up giving Claire an anti-sickness (and ) shot and prescribed various anti-sickness tablets and a Dioralyte-like substance. In the meantime I went to the Lake Palace Hotel and sorted out things with "Charles" who wasn't there - but they called him and I spoke to him over the phone and ended up leaving Rs.500,- with them for cancellation.
The rest of the day we both spent mostly sleeping - even I didn't go eating other than a few Marie-Gold biscuits that we had previously bought. I did pop out for a while to buy some during the afternoon. I also woke Claire up a couple of times to get her to drink fluids - and I finally took her for a second doctor appointment at 18:00 - just for a follow up and some more pills.
Then we returned to the hotel. I decided to go down and eat in the restaurant at 19:00 as Claire wasn't keen on food smells at all. It turns out that the hotel restaurant, which we thought was vegetarian given the menus in the room, in fact had a small non-vegetarian menu, which was great! They also offered to source beer so I had a Kingfisher with my meal. The meal, which consisted of yet another Chilli chicken, rice and a garlic naan, was really nice - one of the best meals I have had here in India - I am now kicking myself for not figuring this out before we went down to the Punjab Restaurant, which may have been the cause of Claire's sickness - D'Oh!
Afterwards I returned to the room and did some computer stuff while Claire was still sound asleep. At around 0:00 I finally went to sleep, after having woken Claire up a last time to drink some fluids.
No comments:
Post a Comment