Today was a day of relative relaxation. My stomach was still somewhat upset and I decided to go for a run at 7:00 to help things along. I ran to Kukkarahalli Lake, about 1.5 km away, and then ran around the lake and back. It was a very beautiful trip - even if I had countless Indians staring at the white devil, wondering what he was doing there - they're obviously not used of the like of me running around like that ;-)
When I got back we showered and had breakfast. We then relaxed for a bit before starting our onward planning from Kochi - we also had very nice cake and coffee/tea in the hotel, which the hotel apparently is quite renowned for according to the Lonely Planet guide - and I must admit that my nutty Chocolate cake was second to none, wow!
After some more planning (Alleppey, Kollam, backwaters, cookery classes etc) we then walked down to Kukkarahalli Lake again because I wanted to show Claire the lake. However, it turned out that the place is closed between 10:00 - 16:00, which was a bit of a let-down. So we returned to our hotel room and had a wee snooze instead.
We got up at around 16:30 and went down for an early dinner snack at around 17:30 - we wanted to catch the sound&light show + 96.000 light bulbs in the Mysore Palace - after all this is why we stayed one more night. Afterwards we got a rickshaw with the guy from yesterday's cousin into the Palace, paid our entrance fee (R.40,- for the show - so not bad compared to full entry for foreigners) and took some pictures before the show started.
The light/sound show was impressive enough but it was narrated as a story and we didn't obviously understand the language. So instead I spent the time experimenting with my camera in the dark and taking some night shots, some of which came out relatively well. After the show they turned on the 96.000 or so light bulbs for 5 minutes, which was quite impressive too. Afterwards we went outside and found our rickshaw and then returned to the hotel. We were tired and just watched a bit of Chuck and Family Guy before going to sleep.
When I got back we showered and had breakfast. We then relaxed for a bit before starting our onward planning from Kochi - we also had very nice cake and coffee/tea in the hotel, which the hotel apparently is quite renowned for according to the Lonely Planet guide - and I must admit that my nutty Chocolate cake was second to none, wow!
After some more planning (Alleppey, Kollam, backwaters, cookery classes etc) we then walked down to Kukkarahalli Lake again because I wanted to show Claire the lake. However, it turned out that the place is closed between 10:00 - 16:00, which was a bit of a let-down. So we returned to our hotel room and had a wee snooze instead.
We got up at around 16:30 and went down for an early dinner snack at around 17:30 - we wanted to catch the sound&light show + 96.000 light bulbs in the Mysore Palace - after all this is why we stayed one more night. Afterwards we got a rickshaw with the guy from yesterday's cousin into the Palace, paid our entrance fee (R.40,- for the show - so not bad compared to full entry for foreigners) and took some pictures before the show started.
The light/sound show was impressive enough but it was narrated as a story and we didn't obviously understand the language. So instead I spent the time experimenting with my camera in the dark and taking some night shots, some of which came out relatively well. After the show they turned on the 96.000 or so light bulbs for 5 minutes, which was quite impressive too. Afterwards we went outside and found our rickshaw and then returned to the hotel. We were tired and just watched a bit of Chuck and Family Guy before going to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment