This morning we got up early - I hadn't slept more than a couple of hours. My stomach troubles and the pills I'm on are causing some nausea. So we've agreed that once we hit Varkala I will visit a doctor there.
Anyway after breakfast, where Claire sampled the usual south Indian compliment and I stuck with a bit of fruit as I had no appetite, we decided to do something. So we walked to Kuthiathode, about 3 km. away from Breeze Homes. We did a little bit of shopping there and said hello to the locals and then returned back to Breeze Homes.
There we had lunch, after which Claire had a snooze on the hammock while I spent some time looking at hotels in Pondicherry, Chennai and Kolkata. I got all the Kolkata hotels sorted out, as well as the train from Chennai to Kolkata. We have 13 days to spend on our way(s) between Kanyakumarai and Chennai and we reckon we will spend 3 nights in Pondicherry, then onwards to Tranquebar (Danish Fort - yes, we were here too ;-) for a couple of nights and finally up towards a week in Chennai, unless we find some nice beach or stuff to see on the way.
Then I spent some time taking pictures of Breeze Homes with my Nikon and phone on behalf of our hosts as a favour. We even ended up posing on some of them, while on the sun loungers/recliners - so it will be interesting to see if we end up as marketing material over the next while ;-)
For dinner we had a nice chicken curry with chapattis and fresh vegetables - it was very nice and although I didn't have much of any appetite I did manage to eat some of it.
Afterwards we went in to watch some Burn Notice - unfortunately for me the pills really are upsetting my stomach, which is really upset already, so I was feeling rather nauseated, resulting in very little sleep in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment