Wednesday, 1 February 2012

31/01/2012

This morning I got up early at 7:30 and went out for my near-daily run on the beach - however, before making it that far I was "attacked" by a small puppy that has been lingering around Om Sai for a while. Turns out that it has a cancer ridden dad (we know because a vet is staying 6 months a year here and looks after the local wild life) that is probably on the way out in a matter of months, which also happens to be one of the noisy dogs on the beach - but we let it; while the dad is spending time with the puppy it has also been adopted by a local (human) family at Om Sai.
So anyway, while I was trying to do my stretches the puppy kept sattacking and scratching my legs, shoes etc. So in the end I simply had to give up and just go for a run ;-)
Afterwards we had some breakfast with rolls we bought yesterday from the German Bakery and then we packed everything up and walked down to H2O Agonda, our home for the next two nights - before our onwards journey to Bangalore.
Once we arrived Claire headed off to dentist again for final works - one fake tooth and a filling. In the meantime I went to the German Bakery for a Lemon Lassi and then walked on the beach back to H2O Agonda where I took a few pictures for our blog and just relaxed - waiting for after 14:00 when it's relatively safe to be out in the sun without self-combusting ;-)
Claire returned but was in a bit of pain so I went off to lie down on a sun lounger for about an hour. We then showered and relaxed for a bit before we went down to pick up our washing from Om Sai - and I played some beach volley again with the locals and a fellow tourist - while Claire was taking pictures with both his and her camera.
Afterwards we trondled down to the Green Land restaurant where I had a pizza cooked in a wood fired oven with chips while Claire had a fiery Red Thai Curry and rice - seeing as she has to be careful with her new fake tooth. We ended up also buying a cold bottle of Port Wine (Mc Master's No. 7), which is brewed in Goa - it was really good stuff as it wasn't as heavy as European ports. So we ended up emptying the full 750ml bottle - same strength as a good red wine at 14%.
We returned to H2O where we ended up in the outside seats/loungers - Claire with a cocktail and I with a larger bottle of Kingfisher. We spent about an hour there before it all went quiet at around 22:30 after which we headed back to bed for a good night's sleep in an airconditioned room.



Our local mascot puppy at Om Sai - fierce creature for runners, legs and water bottles - but will quieten down when served food ;-)

H2O Agonda - the outdoor attached bathroom

H2O Agonda - outdoor luxury toilet facilities ;-)

H2O Agonda - our new hut in the village

H2O Agonda - beach side

H2O Agonda - our room - nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment