Monday, 30 January 2012

30/01/2012

This morning we both felt a bit fragile and therefore stayed in bed until 8:30, then had a shower and relaxed a bit before heading down to the bakery for yet another breakfast there. While there we ended up speaking to a German tourist who strongly recommended that we visit the Andaman Islands, a collection of around 600 islands 1.400km east off the Indian main land (1.000km off coast of Thailand). He showed us some excellent pictures, presumably from Havelock island, which is the most popular of the islands for visitors, with a picturesque scenery of palm trees, white sand beaches and calm turquoise waters - a scenery not unlike what I have previously experienced on the Perenthian island off the cost of Malaysia.
Ironically we have occasionally discussed what we would do when we get up to Puducherry and Chennai on the east cost as neither of us are particularly interested in seeing things on the East coast past this point - and all the way up to Colcatta. The Andaman islands easily solves this conundrum as you can fly directly from Chennia to Port Blair and from Port Blair directly to Colcatta - problem solved - now we just need to do a bit of research and book ;-) Flights are a bit pricey (relative) at €100 per person per leg but with what lies ahead I don't think we have a choice really...
Afterwards we walked on the beach for a while and then returned to our hut where we relaxed on the veranda - a newspaper guy happened to come across us at the hut and Claire was therefore distracted by a local Indian (in English) newspaper while I was playing with my laptop - bliss at 28c... ;-)
Afterwards I ended up reading for a while while Claire had a snooze. When we got up we went down to the beach and I caught yet another beach volley session there - but I didn't do as well as yesterday as I was still feeling somewhat fragile ;-)
We then ended up eating a curry-in-a-hurry in Omkar as we wanted to get back and watch the final installment of Harry Potter on the laptop - which was great. That J.K. Rawlings sure has a vivid imagination - no wonder she's a mega-multi-millionaire ;-)
We went to sleep after an episode of Family Guy - it was quiet... ZZZZzzzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment