After a late rise from a sleep in relative peace, breakfast and a bit of shopping this morning I went and had my second day at the dentist, which turned out to be an hour long session with a total of 5 cavities in 2 teeth to be done. Thankfully she gave me a good deal afterwards. I think I will return here in a year's time and get my bridge/crown (or implant) done. As stated earlier, it's more cost effective to go on holidays and get it done than getting it done in Ireland - and the dentist here is certainly a lot better and nicer than any UK or Irish dentist I have ever visited - the only better dentist I have come across is A.D. Hewett on the Isle of Man.
In the meantime Claire was on a sun lounger and I joined her for an hour while listening to chill out.
Then we went and rented a kiddies board and had about an hour with it in the sea as there was plenty of wind and waves - relatively good fun until I broke the board somewhat on the middle - whoops :-) We also did a bit of Frisbee but it was too windy and in the end we returned to the sun loungers for a bit until Claire started getting red.
We had showers and I decided to return the board and do a few bits and bobs. Thankfully the board had dried and actually turned somewhat rigid again so the local shop never actually noticed its state on return - shame on me :-)
I then went for a hair cut, which also turned into a rather long head and upper body massage with all sorts of scented oil and stuff - the guy even had an electric hand-held massage machine, which had some serious horse power to the point that when he held it to my neck I actually got dizzy from the shaking&vibration of my head ;-) Never mind, hopefully there will be no lasting/chronic effects - the massage was great and relaxing to the point that I think I'll have to book another before we leave... ;)
We then went to D'Raj again where Claire had the Thai Green Curry I had yesterday and I went for a Chicken Kafta with a seriously minty and hot sauce. Thankfully we were the first to arrive as 10 minutes later there was a rush of people. We waited about 45 minutes for food and I can only wonder how long the others were waiting (15-20 other people) - with only one chef in the kitchen. I had a couple of Tuborgs as well before we headed off back to the hut and watched the final hour of the 5th Harry Potter installment - given that Claire fell asleep during it last night.
We then went to sleep but I found it hard to sleep because it was very hot and there was some commotion next door - some guy seemed to have pulled a girl and then went to his friend's hut where they held a mini-party until around 1:30 - I think they eventually got kicked out and I'm not sure his friend is one bit pleased as I suspect he was asked to leave too. At the same time the dogs were barking and howling, demarcating territory - and the guy opposite us has some serious snoring issues; I could actually <b>feel</b> his snoring - not just hear it - poor wife us his, I hope she has a good stick to poke him with ;-)
In the meantime Claire was on a sun lounger and I joined her for an hour while listening to chill out.
Then we went and rented a kiddies board and had about an hour with it in the sea as there was plenty of wind and waves - relatively good fun until I broke the board somewhat on the middle - whoops :-) We also did a bit of Frisbee but it was too windy and in the end we returned to the sun loungers for a bit until Claire started getting red.
We had showers and I decided to return the board and do a few bits and bobs. Thankfully the board had dried and actually turned somewhat rigid again so the local shop never actually noticed its state on return - shame on me :-)
I then went for a hair cut, which also turned into a rather long head and upper body massage with all sorts of scented oil and stuff - the guy even had an electric hand-held massage machine, which had some serious horse power to the point that when he held it to my neck I actually got dizzy from the shaking&vibration of my head ;-) Never mind, hopefully there will be no lasting/chronic effects - the massage was great and relaxing to the point that I think I'll have to book another before we leave... ;)
We then went to D'Raj again where Claire had the Thai Green Curry I had yesterday and I went for a Chicken Kafta with a seriously minty and hot sauce. Thankfully we were the first to arrive as 10 minutes later there was a rush of people. We waited about 45 minutes for food and I can only wonder how long the others were waiting (15-20 other people) - with only one chef in the kitchen. I had a couple of Tuborgs as well before we headed off back to the hut and watched the final hour of the 5th Harry Potter installment - given that Claire fell asleep during it last night.
We then went to sleep but I found it hard to sleep because it was very hot and there was some commotion next door - some guy seemed to have pulled a girl and then went to his friend's hut where they held a mini-party until around 1:30 - I think they eventually got kicked out and I'm not sure his friend is one bit pleased as I suspect he was asked to leave too. At the same time the dogs were barking and howling, demarcating territory - and the guy opposite us has some serious snoring issues; I could actually <b>feel</b> his snoring - not just hear it - poor wife us his, I hope she has a good stick to poke him with ;-)
Despite a number of moves around as well as a couple of minor crappy episodes Claire and I are really settling in here in India and unwinding. Getting the dental work done at a fraction of the price in Ireland and at is a much better dentist that we ever encountered in Ireland is an added bonus!
No comments:
Post a Comment