We had originally planned on going to Science City today but I decided that it would be smarter that we postpone it until tomorrow - as we have to check out tomorrow and then spend a lot of time before our train departs from Sealdah Railway Station down the road to Darjeeling at 22:55. So it would make sense to check out at 12:00 and then spend 8-9 hours there then - and instead relax and use hotel facilities today.
So that's what we did.
First we had breakfast and then we went up to the room where we watched a couple of episodes of Dexter. Then I went for a workout, involving a 70 min. relatively slow trot as I still wasn't feeling great on my second day hangover after Paddy's. I showered and returned to the room at around 15:00 and spotted Claire at the pool on the way. So I returned to the pool and we spent a couple of hours there - although it was quite cloudy and the sun hardly there, it was still 30+C. We also had a nice swim before going up to the room again where we got ready for food.
We went down to the 24 hour restaurant where Claire had my curry from the other day - I had a seafood chowder and a Mutton Burger, which came with chips and a bit of salad, as well as a very hot mustard.
Afterwards we returned to the room and chilled out until suddenly outside, 6 floors down, a seemingly major Bollywood premiere promo kicked off on the lawn of the hotel. They had been preparing a podium and chairs, buffet etc for a couple of days over the weekend. There were light shows and large screens showing "Warrior" logos in flames etc flying around. There were probably about 200 people there and we did consider gate crashing if not for the fact that we were too tired. After a couple of hours at around 23:00 it was over and we stopped watching Dexter and finally went to bed.
So that's what we did.
First we had breakfast and then we went up to the room where we watched a couple of episodes of Dexter. Then I went for a workout, involving a 70 min. relatively slow trot as I still wasn't feeling great on my second day hangover after Paddy's. I showered and returned to the room at around 15:00 and spotted Claire at the pool on the way. So I returned to the pool and we spent a couple of hours there - although it was quite cloudy and the sun hardly there, it was still 30+C. We also had a nice swim before going up to the room again where we got ready for food.
We went down to the 24 hour restaurant where Claire had my curry from the other day - I had a seafood chowder and a Mutton Burger, which came with chips and a bit of salad, as well as a very hot mustard.
Afterwards we returned to the room and chilled out until suddenly outside, 6 floors down, a seemingly major Bollywood premiere promo kicked off on the lawn of the hotel. They had been preparing a podium and chairs, buffet etc for a couple of days over the weekend. There were light shows and large screens showing "Warrior" logos in flames etc flying around. There were probably about 200 people there and we did consider gate crashing if not for the fact that we were too tired. After a couple of hours at around 23:00 it was over and we stopped watching Dexter and finally went to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment